.
.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Chestnuts


There's one thing I long all year long: chestnuts. I like so much since I was a little girl in a land where there wasn't any. Planted there, I mean. It would go from Europe to Africa every time Christmas was going near.
And I ate lots and lots. The same now but even more. I can't wait to see them in shops, usualy expensive first, then going less expensive.


This year, after buying one kg or two each time, we decided to buy a sac of 5 kg.
We have been eating it in big amounts, mainly at saturdays, rosted and/boiled and seeing a movie, all the family together.
I must say my favorite are the boiled ones.


Some years ago, I ate a chestnut jam. I liked it so much I'm always planing to make it. I already looked for a recipe in the Internet and all, but I never made it.
Well, maybe this year.I will tell you if I make it.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Ahhh castanhas assadas, que bom. Quem me dera.

Ainda me lembro nas ruas de Lisboa, as castanhas a assar e depois enroladas no jornal. YUM!

Lara said...

Olá!!! Estou de volta! Estás melhor?
Hoje também comi castanhas. Eu gosto delas assadas. A feijoada também está com um aspecto delicioso!
Bjs