.
.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cozido à portuguesa



Boiled the portuguese way.
It's the name of this dish. Remember the feijoada? That is a stew. This is similar but just boiled.

You put in a big pan the vegetables,potatoes, turnips, cabage, onions, carrots and the sausages of all kinds and meat and let it boil all together so the seasoning and flavour of the meats will blend with the vegetables.

When is ready, you take some of the boiling water and with that you make rice. It will end a bit yellowish because of the sausages boiled in that water.



That you may have the remaining water as soup.



Delicious.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Mmmmm que bom, a tanto tempo que nao como um cozido a portuguesa.

Beijocas,
Sandra

Lulu said...

looks so delich..
I love linguica..

Lola said...

A lady that I used to work with died in early October.

She was so much fun in life. One of her favorite sayings reminded me of this recipe:

"I never met a sausage I didn't like!"

Thank you for a delicious recipe, which I just might try with my oldest who loves cabbage.

imjacobsmom said...

This sounds delicious! I make something similar to this that we called "Boiled Dinner". Cabbage, Ham shanks, carrots and potatoes, Lots of Black Pepper just boiled until tender. I am going to make your version next time. ~ Robyn