.
.

Monday, March 16, 2009

21 Days



Her Southern Charm is doing a 21 Days Challenge called 21 Days To Becoming an Effective Wife.

She says we must write about things we want to change and make a new habit in 3 weeks. So we must think on something that is really important to us and come here each Monday to tell about our progress – or not progress.
On April 5th we post about it also but not about the end of it, if we managed to accomplish something and reached our goal(s).

This comes very well and in the right time as I am strugling with some aspects of my life. They are things that are a part of my life but I’m falling off the wagon.

First of all, it’s laundry connected.
This a field of homemaking that I like sooo much. Nevertherless, as we are six and I work outside – yes, another thing to deal with in due time, God help me – I always have lots and lots of laundry to do. I must say I like veeeery much to wash, I like to put it on the line – when I am overwelmed my big girls help me – and I don’t mind , I quite like actualy, to take them out of the line. Folding, I don’t mind because I can do it seated down. Now it comes the big problem: put it away. I can’t stand it!

Well, now let’s beging the listing:

· Get up at 6.15.

I get up at 6,30 or 6,25 or – now – 6,20. I want to get up ealier. It was always important to me.
She rises when is still night.
It means a lot to me.

· To fold 40 pieces of clothes everyday.

· Put away those folded clothes everyday too.

If I fold it in the night I’m alowed to put away the next day but everyday I must take the baskets full of clothes upstairs and put them in their places.

· Declutter the Laundryroom, everyday a little bit.

It is so much in need of a bit of atenttion...

· Pray the Rosary everyday.

Now I must explain. I try to pray it everyday but as in a lot of things, sometimes the day is gone and I didn’t pray it completely.
By Rosary, I mean one thirth of it, as in portuguese Terço and in spanish Tercio, the five Mysteries of it not the fifteen.
Pray the Rosary everyday, Our Lady said in Fatima. I must do it.

Next Monday I’ll post about how the week went concerning these goals.

4 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

OOH praying the rosary- that's a good one!

Glad to have you on board! It should be fun! Can't wait to see the progress you've made in the next 21 days! Good luck this week and just keep taking it one day at a time!
Jennifer

Jennyff said...

I like doing the laundry too, but I don't like the ironing and I definitely don't like getting up early unless its summer. So I think you are already an effective wife, good luke with your goals.

Anonymous said...

prayers for you as you make these efforts...
You have really lifted my spirit over the past week with your encouragements and prayers...
love to you today and blessings on all you do Sweet one...
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Secondhand Blessings said...

I don't mind putting the clothes away half as much as I hate ironing them! I tend to let that back up.
Getting up early I do well, but being able to stay up past 9:00 PM is what I need to work on.
I too, work part time (6 hours a week) away from home. I am currently training to become a medical transcriptionist which will allow me to work from home. (provided I pass!) The class is tougher than I thought.
Have a good day!
Brenda