.
.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Hooked on Impatiens and geraniums


Time for another Hooked on Fridays at Hooked on Houses.
Today I'll show you something I'm hooked on: impatiens and geraniums.



I remember, when I was a little girl, my grandmother planting lots of impatiens that grew bigger and bigger. For me they are a sombol of joy. They make me feel good.
Another thing are geraniums.
My grandmother, who was a very good garden, always had them so I, that follow my grandmother as an example for most things, always have geraniums too.



Today I leave you with only some examples but I will post more on due time.

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

I love geraniums, especially the scented ones.

the wild raspberry said...

aren't grandmothers the best?!
thanks for your tip...i'll be looking for some valerian soon...
have a wonderful weekend.
chasity

Floral Still Life said...

I just learned that geraniums can be perennial. I didn't know that. I'll have to be more serious in looking for them. I posted on my blog today a floral still life of some pink geraniums. Drop by and "smell the flowers" at http://photographyhints.blogspot.com

Irene said...

They are so beautiful, and as they are quite straight forward to grow, they are so satisfying! The other kind of plant I like is bulbs. The excitement, the surprise of what color the flowers are going to be. Happy month of May to you!

DesignTies said...

Impatiens are my favourite annuals. They just keep growing and blooming, and hardly require any work at all!! The colours are great too. The colour I like best is called Cinnamon (I think -- or maybe Sunrise??). It's a combination of red, pink, and orange. Beautiful!!

Kelly @ DesignTies